Track My Order
My Shopping Lists
# 1 All Systems
Chris Christensen Brush
Andis Dog Clippers
Oster Dog Clippers
Dog Grooming Scissors
Dog Grooming Shears
Dog Grooming Supplies
Plush Puppy Shampoo
Grooming Supply Brands
Grooming Supplies Info
Dog Related Sites
Show Dog Supplies
Dog Show Supplies
Cindra - Soft and Silky Coats
General Instructions for Soft & Silky Coats
Using Cindra products allows you to take optimal care of these beautiful coats simply and easily.
The soft and silky coat requires a lot of moisture. Often long and flowing, the coat needs to be protected against
breaking and matting. The products used should be absorbed into the coat so it doesn’t collect extra dirt. Although
silicone is a wonderful lubricant and detangler, over time it can dry the coat and cause breakage. Lanolin is too heavy for
many coats and is difficult to wash out.
It is easy to over-condition long silky coats. Signs of over-conditioning are a dull coat that feels gummy, sticky, or
greasy or one that tends to pick up a lot of dirt.
Cindra products contain neither silicone nor lanolin. They use lighter moisturizers such as vitamin E, jojoba oil
and rice bran oil that are absorbed quickly and leave no greasy residue.
SIMPLE STEPS TO BATHING A LONG SILKY COAT
1. Remove mats and snarls before bathing (see Problem Solution section)
2. Dilute shampoo in warm water (1-2 T/cup water depending on suds desired)
3. Squeeze shampoos through coat like you are washing a fine wool sweater
4. Always lather and rinse twice
5. Rinse thoroughly then rinse again
6. Pour diluted conditioner over coat and allow to soak in
7. Rinse thoroughly
8. Squeeze excess water out of coat before towel drying
9. Wrap in towel and squeeze to dry coat.
10. Mist with your favorite fragrance from the Spirit Collection when dry
RECOMMENDED CINDRA PRODUCTS:
Moisture Plus - Conditioner
PROBLEM - SOLUTION
- Apply full strength Moisture Plus liberally to the mat. Wait 15 minutes. Pull mat gently
apart with fingers or comb.
- Use Cleansing Shampoo instead of Moisturizing Shampoo.
Coat lacks body
- Use Texturizing Shampoo instead of Moisturizing Shampoo.
Dingy White Coat
- Use Cleansing Shampoo on the first lather, wait 5 minutes then rinse.Lather with
Moisturizing Shampoo and rinse.
- Use a small amount of Cleansing Shampoo full strength, wait 5 minutes and rinse.
- Make an anti-static spray with 2 Tablespoons Moisture Plus in 1-pint water.
Putting Coat in Oil
- Make spray with 2 Tablespoons Moisture Plus in 1 pint water. Spray on hair sections as
you wrap. Do not use additional oils or silicone.
Thin leg furnishings/feathers
- Spray diluted Texturizing Mist into a damp coat and fluff dry with a blow dryer.
Dry, damaged Coat
- Our version of a hot oil treatment: Wet dog with warm water, apply Moisture Plus liberally.
Wrap in hot towel for 15-20 minutes. Shampoo with Moisturizing Shampoo and rinse.
Your cart is empty.
&lt;a href="//doctortrusted.org/certificate/1650381" target="_blank">&lt;img alt="Veterinarian Trusted Seal" width="150" height="42" src="//doctortrusted.org/seal_1650381_wide.png"/>&lt;/a>
Privacy & Security
Terms & Conditions
Money Back Guarantee
Show Dog Store, LLC. Copyright ©